“Recognized”, “Involved”, “Dependable”, “Efficient and Practical”, “Knowledgeable”, “Cost Effective”, “Responsive”
These are just some of the terms our clients have used to define Hoffer Adler LLP. Our firm is deeply committed to delivering intelligent legal advice and representation to our clients. Our service commitment to our clients is based on the following values:
Recognized Experience and Expertise
Our lawyers’ expertise is recognized by peers and clients by repeat entries in International Who’s Who of Franchise Lawyers, Lexpert, Franchise Times, National Post’s Best Lawyers in Canada, Canadian Who's Who and Martindale-Hubbell. Our firm is also a member of the International Network of Boutique Law Firms (INBLF), whose membership is restricted to thoroughly vetted boutique law firms with highly credentialed and experienced lawyers. Finally, our firm is uniquely positioned as one of the few franchise law boutique firms in Canada. We've represented franchisors, franchisees and franchise associations of over 510 franchise brands, making us a firm that is deeply rooted and aware of franchising trends.
Active, Involved and Current
Our lawyers are:
- Active members of trade associations in their practice areas, participating in boards and committees of organizations such as:
- Ontario Bar Association (OBA);
- Canadian Bar Association (CBA);
- American Bar Association (ABA);
- Canadian Franchise Association (CFA);
- International Franchise Association (IFA);
- International Franchise Lawyers Association (IFLA); and
- International Trade-mark Association (INTA).
- Members of the Medico Legal Society of Toronto, the Toronto Lawyers' Association, the Advocates’ Society, and the Intellectual Property Institute of Canada (IPIC).
- Active speakers, legal writers and editors in their respective fields. We have contributed articles on current legal developments in print publications such as Cablecaster Magazine, ABA Franchise Journal, Franchise and Distribution Journal, and Journal of Intellectual Property Law and Practice, The Trademark Reporter, European Intellectual Property Review, Canadian Intellectual Property Review, Canadian International Lawyer, and blogs such as Namesmash and IP Osgoode.
- Regularly invited to speak at events organized by the CFA, IFA, ABA and OBA, and have lectured at some of Canada’s top law schools.
Value-Added and Cost Effective Representation
Our lawyers' expertise and experience, combined with our boutique size, allows our firm to provide practical, value-added and cost effective legal services.
We provide clients with timely and effective legal service and advice.