One of the most daunting undertakings for owners of a small or medium-sized enterprise is the sale of the business in which their lives and finances are so deeply invested. Hoffer Adler LLP has the experience and the expertise to navigate this process, both on behalf of vendors and purchasers, to ensure that surprises are avoided, all issues are addressed and the expectations of the parties are met. To these ends, we provide the following services:
- Negotiate and prepare the Purchase and Sale Agreement;
- Perform due diligence;
- Negotiate landlord consent to the lease assignment;
- Advise successor employers under the Employment Standards Act, 2000;
- Ensure compliance under the Bulk Sales Act to address the claims of trade creditors;
- Prepare and file tax elections; and
- Close the purchase and sale.