Our firm is experienced in assisting clients with both contentious and non-contentious copyright matters. Our non-contentious copyright experience includes:
- Preparing and prosecuting applications to register copyright, as well as copyright assignments and licenses, before the Canadian Copyright Office.
- Drafting and negotiating copyright assignments.
- Drafting and negotiating copyright licenses for clients in diverse industries such as apparel, greeting cards and stock photography. Our copyright litigation experience helps to inform our copyright licensing practice. The linkage between our lawyer's non-contentious and contentious copyright experience – a key feature of intelligent IP – serves to benefit our clients.
- Assisting clients with copyright due diligence when a business is acquired or sold.
- Advising clients on a creator's moral rights with respect to a copyright work.