Intellectual Property + Brand Management
Trademarks and Business Transactions
Trademarks are a critical asset for most businesses.
Our lawyers have expertise in helping clients protect their trademarks through various corporate transactions. Our experience in acting as counsel in litigation and other contentious proceedings helps to inform our approach in drafting agreements, with the goal being to make these as robust as possible so that they are able to withstand any challenges which may arise down the road.
Our services include:
- Assisting clients in establishing trademark holding companies
- Preparing inter-company trademark licensing agreements and trademark assignments
- Negotiating and drafting broader agreements which include trademark rights, including sales and distribution agreements
- Assisting with due diligence in corporate transactions involving trademarks
We also assist with the following:
- Trademarks and brand management, including screening, selection, clearance searches, filing trademark applications, multi-jurisdictional filings and portfolio management, and trademark audits
- Trademark issues on the Internet
- Trademark oppositions and trademark litigation